Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life Is About Creating Yourself

Life is not about finding yourself.  Life is about creating  yourself.

TOO OFTEN do we hear people say "I gotta go somewhere far and quiet to ponder over things.; I need to find myself." I've never found the need to say that to myself, about finding myself. Despite the odds, I never felt I've ever been lost. But too many times have I found the need to go somewhere far and quiet to ponder over things. Of course, we all need a clear mind in order to arrive at wise decisions. Quiet places and fresh air always seem to work like magic in helping us regain our forbearance, as well as peace in heart and mind.


TO LOSE one's self is to lose the zest for life.  Like, wherever we cast our eyes things simply turn gray and bleak. But our life is a canvas, and we are its artists.  The colors of our lives depend on how we wield our brushes with whatever shades and strokes we choose.  It's  pretty much impossible to come up with perfectly-organized patterns, because life is spontaneous.  Surprises often paint our lives the brightest colors   and the wildest strokes.   Whatever portrait comes out, well, hey, that's our masterpiece. 


A life well-lived is a life well-tinged with a kaleidoscope of colors.    That's our life.    That's who we are.  We don't lose ourselves in the making.  We create ourselves.  We design our lives.  Indeed, life is what we make it.

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." --Abraham Lincoln

No comments: